Jobs helped to transform seven industries: personal computing, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, retail stores, and digital publishing. The output of this transformation was the following hits: iMac, iPod, iPod nano, iTunes Store, Apple Stores, MacBook, iPhone, iPad, App Store, OS X Lion—not to mention every Pixar film.
- Take responsibility end-to-end
- When behind, leapfrog
- Put products before profits
- Don’t be a slave to focus groups
- Bend reality
- Push for perfection
- Tolerate only ‘A’ players
- Engage face-to-face
- Know both the big picture and the details
- Combine the humanities with the sciences
- Stay hungry, stay foolish
Read Walter Isaacson’s article @ Harvard Business Review.
Subscribe to Marketing, Minified | Robert Collings
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox